That is, this is a yummy, but not entirely quick breakfast, for the day after a beer too many.
Since New Year’s Eve can sometimes present one with a beer too many, I thought I’d share a good breakfast recipe I invented recently: it’s a breakfast potsticker of sorts. Too much trouble when you feel like crap, boy are they good. To make life easier, do step one the day before you plan to nosh these scrumptious breakfast bites. Here’s the rundown:
- 6 slices bacon, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs, hardboiled
- 2 T finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Wonton wrappers
- Scallions, chopped for garnish
- Step 1 (The day before)
- Fry bacon until crisp, adding onion as bacon nears your preferred soft spot. Pull off-heat and drain on paper towel. Reserve 2 T bacon grease. Chop eggs and toss in a medium bowl with bacon and onions, and add salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Place a spoonful of this mixture in the center of the wonton wrapper. Brush water around the edge of the wrapper, fold over and seal (repeat).
- Step 2
- Toss your non-stick pan on medium heat. Add reserved bacon grease, and then place potstickers on the pan for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth (or veg broth or water), cover and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve with Sriracha sauce and a good saison, like Boulevard’s Tank 7.