Oh, sure, it’s cool to have a home bar. It’s cool to have a couple of beers on tap. But if you really want to stand out, you gotta have a jar of pickled eggs handy.
My bar just got cooler. Want the recipe? Have at it.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium onions, sliced into thin rings
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pickling spices
- 1/4-1/2 cup beet juice, depending on how red you want them (optional)
- Place the eggs in a large, sterilized jar. Boil the remaining ingredients for five minutes, then pour over the eggs in the jar. Cover at room temp overnight, then refrigerate. Keeps several weeks.